The new year is here and that means one thing… New Year’s Resolutions. While most of us might want to hit the gym more often or put down the sweets, have you thought about adding a vacation to that list? If not, let us convince you why traveling will be the best decision you make this year:
Vacation creates family bonds and memories
- With millions of working parents admitting that it has been more than a year since their last family vacation, kids are missing out on time with their parents that they treasure most, and the memories that come with it.
- Family vacations create memories that last for decades, are shared across generations and bring a family closer together. Many adults say they still have vivid memories of family vacations taken in their early childhood and children say family vacations create some of their favorite memories.
Vacation makes you healthy
- Men who didn’t take a vacation for several years were 30% more likely to have heart attacks compared to men who did not take time off.
- Women who took a vacation only once every six years or less were almost 8 times more likely to develop coronary heart disease or have a heart attack compared to women who vacationed at least twice a year.
- A study of 1,500 women determined that those who vacationed less often than once every two years were more likely to suffer from depression and increased stress than women who took vacations at least twice a year.
- 1,400 people were surveyed and found that leisure activities – including taking vacations – contributed to higher positive emotional levels and less depression. The benefits of vacationing also extended to lower blood pressure and smaller waistlines.
- A study released last year by the American Psychological Association concluded that vacations work to reduce stress by removing people from activities and environments that tend to be sources of stress. Similarly, a Canadian study of nearly 900 lawyers found that taking vacations helped alleviate job stress.
Vacation makes you perform better in the workplace
- 77% of HR managers agree that employees who take most or all of their vacation time are more productive in their jobs than those who do not.
- 75% of HR managers believe using vacation time leads to higher performance.
The Orlando area offers you and your family plenty of ways to make wonderful memories. So take those extra days off and let Global Resort Homes help make your vacation stress-free. And to help here are some videos on how you can Vacation Smarter with Global